About the Greater Prince William Coalition For Human Services
- The Coalition sponsors three luncheons each year featuring networking time and speakers who provide stimulating information relevant to social issues and professional development.
- The Coalition encourages collaborative efforts among member agencies from both the public and private sectors.
- The Coalition, in partnership with the United Way of the National Capital Area, is the source for research and production of a comprehensive bi-annual human services needs assessment for Prince William County and the cities of Manassas and Manassas Park. As follow-up to that project, the Coalition is an advocate for services and public funding to support identified service gaps.
- The Coalition annually sponsors several seminars and workshops on topics of professional interest to its members and educational interest to the broader community.
- The Coalition provides annual recognition of the superior performance by those who are the human services work force. Labor of Love awards are presented to both newly assigned and experienced service delivery professionals and to an outstanding program supervisor. The Coalition Board also has the option to select a long-term contributor to the human services profession as an agency or program head or advocate for policies that advance the livability of the community through a strong human services safety net. Such persons are eligible for receipt of the Ethel Georges Community Service Award.